Monday, October 4, 2010

Check Out Social Networking Sites

Impressions of Facebook, Myspace, Friendster, and Twitter.
Facebook
The tool bar of the Facebook shows home page, my page, search for friends, and my account. I can organize my face book by those tools. My home page shows the activities of my friends, the letters from the Facebook system to me, the people recommended by Facebook who have the same friends as mine, the commercials, and the requests from friends.  Those are the things important to me, and the Facebook system makes it convenient for me to find them. I can protect my personal information by using the privacy setting. I can choose the language of the system, get help by clicking the “ help “, learn more about Facebook by clicking “about”. It is a really user friendly, and organized network media. I think the nature of facebook is to enable connection between people by showing personal experiences and stories. If I want to know somebody more, facebook is the right media for me to do so.
My space
The tool bar of MySpace includes home, mail, profile, friends, music, movies, photos, video, games, events, and more.  It has more tools than Facebook. The extra tools are good for amusement. I can upload or download my favorite music, movies, video, and games. On the tool of event, there are information about concert, sports, nightlife, shopping, impact, festival, and art. I can find the tickets there if the event requires thicket. I can choose that “I’m going” or “I want to go” for the event.  I can plan my schedule on the calendar under the tool of event.  Under the tool of More, there is more things for fun, such as TV, comedy, and so on. On the home page, I can see the activities of my friends, requests, mail, notifications, advertising, recommendations, and my visitors.  I can design or change things in MySpace by using the tool bar or “My stuff”. I can use help tool to know more about my space. The safety tips show us how to use or chat safely. The language of the system is English only. I think Myspace ecourages online friends to be friends in real world by attending the same event. Beside online collaboration, it provides more fun, such as game   or shows.
Friendster
When I sign up for this account, the system helps to design or organize it step by step. The tool bar of the Friendster shows home, profile, friends, photos, classifieds, games, and fun. The classified shows the advertisings of for sale, vehicles, personals, real estate, service, classes and community. We can search them in different countries, and different locations. The tool of fun provides apps, blogs, gift, and so on. On the home page, I can see the activity stream of all events, the people who are on Friendster, the suggestions of other networking medias, and bulletins. We can choose the language of the system, such as English, Chinese, Japanese, and more.  It also has about us and privacy links. I like the advertising part, it enables me and my friends to look and discuss about it on friendster.
Twitter
The system also helps me to set it up step by step. The tool bar of twitter shows home, profile ,find people , setting, and help.  The setting tool allows us to change the language of the system. On my home page, I can see who am I following, my followers, and which list am I on.  Also, the twitter twit button allows me to show whatever I want others to follow.  There are also My direct messages, favorites, retweets, lists of my timelines which I build myself, trending worldwide, following and RSS feed. Twitter is a wonderful tool for getting news in the world. I learnt that our Baruch college is using twitter to show the emergency news in order to allow us know the news at very first time.
Comparison
All of Facebook , MySpace, Friendster and Twitter are free and easy to sign up. They allow user to design them in favorite way, and enhance social networking between friends, family, classes, businesses and community. They are all user friendly, the “help” allows people to know how to use them better. However, each of them has at least one characteristic which outstands from others.   Facebook is all about experiences of individuals; it is the best tool for us to know others’ personalities and stories.  MySpace shows a lot more ways of amusement than others. Friendster has very comprehensive advertisings of sale, vehicles, personals, real estate, service, classes and community which others don’t have. Twitter provides most updated news of the world in highest speed compares to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment